I thought I would take a pause and reflect on some of the incredible books I have read so far this year. If I agonise too long about this list, I am sure to feel bad for the many brilliant books I haven’t included, so before I can change my mind, here is my list of Top Ten Reads of 2020, so far:
- Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi (2018). I read this as part of an absolutely stellar reading month in February, which you can catch up with here.
- The Animals at Lockwood Manor by Jane Healey (2020). Read my full review of this beautiful book here.
- Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (2018). I read this in March, along with several other great books which you can check out here.
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Evaristo (2019). So much has been written about this book, I only briefly rave about it in my April round-up here.
- The Truth Must Dazzle Gradually by Helen Cullen (2020). Out in August, you can read my full review here. One to pre-order for sure.
- Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones (2011). Another stunning April read.
- You Will Be Safe Here by Damian Barr (2019). Read my full review here.
- Saving Lucia by Anna Vaught (2020). Read my full review here.
- The Sound Mirror by Heidi James (2020). Another one to pre-order for August! You can check out my review here.
- Conjure Women by Afia Atakora (2020). I only finished this a couple of days ago, but it will stay with me for a very long time. You can read my review here.
I feel so lucky to have discovered so many amazing books this year, and I am sure there are many more to come! I’d love to know your favourite reads of 2020 so far, and your thoughts on any of the books on my list!