I thought I would take a pause and reflect on some of the incredible books I have read so far this year. If I agonise too long about this list, I am sure to feel bad for the many brilliant books I haven’t included, so before I can change my mind, here is my list of Top Ten Reads of 2020, so far:
- Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi (2018). I read this as part of an absolutely stellar reading month in February, which you can catch up with here.
- The Animals at Lockwood Manor by Jane Healey (2020). Read my full review of this beautiful book here.
- Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (2018). I read this in March, along with several other great books which you can check out here.
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Evaristo (2019). So much has been written about this book, I only briefly rave about it in my April round-up here.
- The Truth Must Dazzle Gradually by Helen Cullen (2020). Out in August, you can read my full review here. One to pre-order for sure.
- Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones (2011). Another stunning April read.
- You Will Be Safe Here by Damian Barr (2019). Read my full review here.
- Saving Lucia by Anna Vaught (2020). Read my full review here.
- The Sound Mirror by Heidi James (2020). Another one to pre-order for August! You can check out my review here.
- Conjure Women by Afia Atakora (2020). I only finished this a couple of days ago, but it will stay with me for a very long time. You can read my review here.
I feel so lucky to have discovered so many amazing books this year, and I am sure there are many more to come! I’d love to know your favourite reads of 2020 so far, and your thoughts on any of the books on my list!
One thought on “Top Ten Reads of 2020 (So Far!)”